Thursday, September 21, 2006

I don't know, what do YOU think?

Seriously, I don't know what I am doing up right now.
I am in seriously serious pain.
My neck hurts to where I can hardly turn my head.
My lower back hurts.
My left arm and hand hurts to where I can hardly grip anything in that hand, that hand being the left hand, which is connected to the left arm, which is connected to my shoulder, I guess, which is in turn connected to my ... NECK!!!
Oh yeah, and my left leg and foot hurt too, you know, numb and weak.
Oh, and I've got a bit of heartburn too, nothing to serious, and as I've always said, I'd rather have a heartburn than an assburn ... rimshot!!!
But yeah, yeah, but yeah.
And the surgeon said that I'm not completely healed ... HEALED!!!
But that's not unusual, and so I've got an appointment to see him again in the middle of October, but the surgeon said that if it's quit hurting by then that I can just cancel the appointment, but then again, he didn't say what he is going to do if it is still hurting by then, and honestly, I have a pretty strong feeling that it will still be hurting by then, so if it is STILL hurting then, I don't know ...
More tests???
Another MRI???
Another operation, and seriously, and there's that word seriously again, today was the first time that I realized, and I have nothing to base this on, just a gut feeling, that I might have to have another operation, which sucks.
And did I tell you that I think that I've finally gotten all the statements from my insurance company, and that the total cost for everything came to around $12,000.00.
Yeah, that's a lot of mooooooolah.
A one night stay in the hospital was over $7,500.00 alone, and the surgeon was like another $2,500.00, and then there's the anesthesiologist(sic), and various and sundry other expenses.
I mean, damn, I'm lucky I have insurance, but how in the world can someone who doesn't have insurance, or who doesn't qualify for government assistance, how in the world can they afford health care costs ... THEY CAN'T!!!
All of a sudden I don't hurt so bad.
Ok, I still hurt bad, but not so bad.
I wonder if i spelled anesthesiologist correctly?
I did after spellcheck.

No comments: