Monday, September 18, 2006

I'll take Matty Groves for the block

My new favorite Bettie Page picture.



And speaking about Nick Drake, since he recorded in the early 70s, you'd think that I would be familiar with him, you would, wouldn't you, I mean, I'm all about the early 70s, but no, I'm not familiar with him at all, I mean, before a year or two ago I hadn't even heard of him, and before tonight, when I downloaded his Pink Moon album I had never even HEARD him, and guess what, I hadn't missed a thing, I mean seriously if I had to throw a lifesaver to a drowning British Folkie, I'd throw it to Donovan, or Bert Jansch, or Sandy Denny, before I'd throw it to Nick Drake, I mean, even if Nick Drake was treading water, and waving his hands to get my attention, and yelling out ...
Hey, a little help here
I still wouldn't throw it to him.

No comments: