Saturday, January 17, 2009

Easy listening hits of 1968-69 aren't that easy to listen to.

My flight to and from SoCal is booked.
Yeah, for me, and yeah, for Dvl and Tim for gently reminding every few months that I was still welcome.
I'm leaving February 21st and will be returning March 3rd.
I'm actually pretty easily entertained.
Some of the things I'd like to see or do, but I'm not married to any of them.
1. The Pacific Ocean would be nice to see, but I'd settle for the Los Angeles River.
2. The Sunset Strip and all the cool stuff on the Strip, I mean I don't even have to go into these places, you know, I'd just like to see them from the outside, like the Whiskey A Go Go, and the Troubadour, and you know, I'm not even sure that these places are on the Strip, but if they aren't, I'm sure there are places just as cool, and yeah, I'll be saying cool a lot, because they say that a lot out in SoCal.
3. Um, I can't think of anywhere else right now, oh but, my relatives from Michigan are worried that Dvl and Tim are going to kidnap and sell me into white slavery (I wish) and my relatives from Florida have "concerns" about Tim, and this was before I even told them that the dvl's live in West Hollywood.
4. Oh, I know what would be nice. It would be nice to have some kind of meet and greet so I could actually meet some of the people from SoCal that I have gotten to know over the internets. You know, at a bar or something, and they could damn me with faint praise.
5. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I would really like to be met at the airport by Dvl holding a sign with BOZ written on it, like all the high rollers get.
6. Ok, seriously, I can't think of anything right now, oh wait, I'd like to go to Duke's, which is a diner near the dvl's condo where they eat breakfast once in awhile because it is close and convenient, and do close and convenient mean the same thing?
7. Is there a Martin Milner museum out there? That would certainly be worth a visit. One Adam Twelve, One Adam Twelve ... damn, I loved that show.
8. I was actually in Los Angeles once. Well, I was in the Los Angeles airport once. It was back in May of 1972, and it was the day I was discharged from the Air Force, and I took a flight out of San Francisco, and I was bumped up to first class, and I got two free drinks, and me not being much of a drinker, the two free drinks that I drank in like a half hour, were enough to put me on a pretty good roll once I got to LAX, and I had a three or four hour layover, and for the life of me, I don't remember a single thing I did while I was there, there being the Los Angeles airport or as us frequent flyers like to call it ... LAX.
9. I'm really tired now, and I just had the shit scared out of me because one of the giant icicles on the back of the house just broke off, very loudly broke off, I might add.
10. So yeah, I'm going to SoCal, and just how cool is that!

No comments: