Monday, November 27, 2006

Raymi's Mom

Ok, I left a comment on Raymi's blog the other day, and yeah, I know I promised myself years and years ago that I would never read popular blogs, but Raymi's blog is a personal blog, and she updates a lot, and it's funny, and self depreciating, and I had to look up how to spell self depreciating, and who knew about the first i in self depreciating, and yeah, I said I would never read popular blogs, but I'm pretty good at rationalizing, and if I rationalize that Raymi's blog is a cult blog instead of a popular blog, well, then I can live with the seeming contradiction in my beliefs, and besides, who wouldn't prefer being cult-like over popular.

So anyway, I left a comment on one of her posts, and earlier today I was scanning the comments, and this is where I absolutely draw the line, I will not read comments on a popular blog even though I can rationalize a popular blog into cult status, I cannot rationalize the comments of said blog into cult status, but I can scan the comments, and that's what I did today, and while scanning the comments I saw my name mentioned, and not only was it mentioned, it was mentioned by Raymi's Mom, and if Raymi is a cult figure that must make Raymi's Mom some kind of Mary Magdalene of the blog world, and isn't there a song called Raymi's Mom ...
So anyway redux, Raymi's Mom left a comment about me concerning my gravatar picture on Halocscan which read:
Is that a real picture of Boz, and has he ever considered contacts?
Now, I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that could be construed as a negative comment, sort of like:
Hey Boz, put a bag over your head, or at least get contacts, or something.
But I'm a the glass is half full kind of guy and I took Raymi's Mom's comment to mean:
Wow, that Boz sure is dreamy, I wonder what he would look like with contacts?
And this is where my imagination, and the pain pill I just took for my sore back, start to kick in, and I start imagining that Raymi's Mom has this internet crush sort of thing going for me, and she spends all day doodling my name over and over in her notebook, and wondering what it would be like to be Mrs Boz, and I wonder if it would be presumptuous of me to ask her to meet me for drinks in Sarnia, or maybe Sudbury, but yeah, once again I am getting carried away, and I should probably stop, because even though I don't know what kind of extradition treaty the US has with Canada, I would hate for the RCMP, with co-operation from the FBI, to knock down my door and drag me away to some remote outpost just outside of Saskatoon where I would never be heard from again.

No comments: