Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fifty Questions from Malone, 22-24

22. Three really honest-to-gosh heroes of Boz’s.
I have no heroes, is that how you spell heroes, I never really noticed that second e, and when did the alphabet start sticking extra letters in on me anyway, but seriously, I gave this a lot of thought, a lot more thought than it deserved I might add, and I can't think of heroes I have now or who I have ever had.
Nope, none.
No friends or family.
No world leaders, statesmen, or historical figures.
No athletes or celebrities.
No criminal masterminds, and see, now I'm just dragging this out, so yeah, no, I don't have any heroes.

23. Enemies.
Nah, I can't be bothered.

24. List all countries traveled to.
Ok, this is a question I can get into.
I've been to Canada numerous times, numerous time, because I used to live in Detroit, which is right across the river from Canada, but I haven't been to Canada since I was discharged from the air force because I had a top secret security clearance and one of the stipulations of my discharge was that I couldn't travel into a foreign country, and I guess the reason for that is because the government thought I might be kidnapped by some foreign agents and tortured until I revealed all these state secrets that I seriously didn't know anything about, and I mean seriously, because I didn't know anything, ok, I could have gone to Canada or any other country, but I would have had to fill out all sorts of forms, and there was no way I was going to give THE MAN that satisfaction, and yeah, I guess I could have snuck into Canada and kidnapped former Toronto Maple Leaf captain Davy Keon, but why bother, and it's been over thirty years now, and I guess I could probably travel there legally, you know, without sneaking and stuff, but I no longer live in Detroit, which is still right across the river from Canada, so I guess that is that.
I've also been to Crete, which is part of Greece, and I was there for eight teen months when I was in the air force, and yeah, and it was fun, I guess, but I was a real prick back then and I didn't enjoy it as much as I should, and also while I was stationed on Crete I went on a temporary assignment for four weeks to Turkey, and if you've ever seen the movie Midnight Express, well, that's sort of the lighter side of Turkey compared to what I saw.
After I left Crete I was transferred to Japan, and I spent about a year on the southernmost island of Kyushu, pronounced KYYYY-u-shu, and that was a lot of fun too, and I wasn't as big a prick as I had been in Crete, so I enjoyed it a whole lot more.
Then when they closed down the base I was stationed in on Japan they sent me to Okinawa for about six weeks before I was discharged, and ok, Okinawa wasn't actually a country, but it was I guess what you would call a protectorate of the United States, at least it was when I first got there, and man, Okinawa was a wide open place then, I mean Thailand had nothing on Okinawa, if you get my drift, but ...
While I was on Okinawa it reverted back to Japanese control, yeah, I think it was on May 15, 1971, and it was called Reversion Day, and holy geez-o pete, talk about changes, well, I'd talk about changes, but my back is starting to hurt again, but trust me, there were plenty of changes, and that is it for my travel to foreign countries, and it is also it for this part of Malone's 50 Questions for Boz, ha, I typed Bioz by mistake, stupid fingers.

No comments: