Friday, November 03, 2006

Musings and brusings

Songs I've heard tonight that I've liked.
1. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins.

We had our third train derailment in the last two months in East Tawain today.
I got a haircut today.
I don't think the two events are related.
I want to lose 20 pounds by March so my family doctor won't yell at me when I go for my annual check-up.
I went to bed last night at one in the morning and fell asleep almost immediately and I slept right through to morning, and right through morning into afternoon.
I think cutting back drastically on caffiene had something to do with it.
I drink tap water out of an Aquafina bottle.
I think the garbage man was being a little passive-aggressive with me today. He set two of the cans right back where they were, and he sort of flung the one that had my dead jack-o-lantern in it half way across the yard. Well, this is what I think he did. I didn't actually see him do it. Maybe I shouldn't judge him so harshly. So, Mr. Garbage Man, if you are reading this, I am sorry if I judged you harshly, and honest to god, if you leave a comment I'll link you.

2. Personality Crisis - The New York Dolls

I rode my brand new used exercise bike for a half hour today. The seat doesn't chafe, thank god.
My neck hurts tonight, but I don't think it has anything to do with anything. I think it just hurts.
I was really nice to the cute girl who waited on me at the store today, but not because she was cute, but because she reminded me of someone else, and I guess because I am generally nice to the cute girls who wait on me even if they aren't cute.

3. Curly Headed Baby - Doc Watson

I wish I could play the guitar. Did I ever tell you that when I was a teenager I bought a Fender Telecaster for $200.00 which I sold for $2,000.00 ten years ago? I could have been the next Duane Eddy, or maybe the next Dwayne Wayne. When my sister was in high school the star of the basketball team, whose name was Doine pronounced Duane or Dwayne, asked her out on a date, and she turned him down ... she turned down the star of the basketball team ... she turned him down!!!

4. Alison - Elvis Costello

I always thought it was spelled Allison. I see has a husband now.
The same sister who turned down the date with the star basketball player was in Memphis on vacation on the day that Elvis Presley died. She was so proud of her Memphis newspaper with the King is Dead
headline.

5. I Ran All The Way Home - The Impalas

The same sister took me to a Donkey Basketball Game at the junior high school when she was in junior high school and I was in elementary school and then she ditched me to hang out with friends.

6. The Love You Save - Joe Tex

Who'll take the woman with the skinny legs? When I was in high school there was a guy whose hair would just randomly fall out and then grow back in again. That must have sucked big time. I think there is a name for that. Seriously, that really must have sucked. I mean since we didn't have any albinos in my class he was the guy everyone would stare and point at, except for the girl with the skeletal leg disease, she didn't point and stare at anyone, except for maybe that one time she saw an albino kid, and she probably couldn't help herself.

7. So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star - The Byrds.

I think everything is going to be alright. We had snow flurries today. On this date in 1969 I was in Mississippi. When I was playing touch football one time down in Mississippi, when I was in the air force and going to tech school, when I was playing football one time a guy ran into the metal hand rail on the stairs leading to the second floor of the barracks and impaled himself a good two inches.

8. Sunny Goodge Street - Donovan

I'm starting to get a little sleepy. I'd go to bed and turn on Turner Classic Movies, but they are having an Ingmar Bergman festival tonight, and damn, I spelled his name right on the first try, but it took me five tries to spell try correctly.

9. I Can't Hide - The Flamin' Groovies

I'm just randonly picking out songs now. I mean they are alright, but I wouldn't call them songs I've heard that I like tonight.
My head has just started wobbling around right here on top of my shoulders, now I know what Michael J. Fox must feel like, kind of, sort of, you know when he is doing the whole stem cell research thing.

10. Do You Wanna Hold Me - Bow Wow Wow

So yeah, the 80's were strange. I mean, I'm a guy, and even I wanted to wear leg warmers and take off my bra under my sweatshirt like Jennifer Beals. Stem cell research NOW!!!

No comments: