Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Haircut in East Tawian

So I went and got a haircut today at my fourth choice barber shop, the barbershop in East Tawian, which is my fourth choice because the barber, who we will call Jim because thats his name, dyes his hair and sometimes lets his hand linger on my shoulder just a little bit too long, if you get my drift.
I had actually planned on driving up to Oscoda to one of my top three choice barbers, but the weather was crappy and when I drove by the barber shop in East Tawian I could tell that there was no one in the chair. So I came to a screeching halt, jumped out of the car, and started across the street when I saw a big old Cadillac pull in right in front of the shop. So I hitched up my pants and put it in high gear, and luckily for me it was an old guy and I beat him to the door by a step and a half.
When we got inside he said we should flip a coin on who should go first, but I cried "BULLSHIT" I was here first, but it turned out he was joking so I retracted my cry of "BULLSHIT" and took my rightful place in the chair, and damn if Jim the Barber, who actually looks a little bit like Floyd the Barber, except he wears cowboy boots and is alive, well, Jim the Barber let his hand linger just a little too long when he put the whatever the hell they call that thing that they put on over the front so you don't get hair all over ....
Arghhhhhhhhh, I hate when I can't remember things, and it's getting more and more frequent that ummmm, yeah, that too.
So anyway, I'm getting my haircut, trim the eyebrows, and the beard while you're at it Floy ... Jim.
Yeah, I'm getting my haircut, and the old guy started talking, which is cool with me because that meant I didn't have to actually talk, which is really a drag, I mean talking isn't a drag, but making idle chatter while in the barber shop is a major drag ...
Hey, about that super bowl ...
Somebody offered me a ticket ...
You couldn't get me down to Detroit if they paid me ...
I had the best seat in the house right in front of my big screen
Yadda
Fucking yadda
Yadda ...

Anyway while the old guy was talking about the super bowl and how the goddamn blacks have ruined the city, except he didn't say blacks, he casually mentioned, as casually as you can mention when you are pretty much stone cold deaf and you scream at the top of your lungs because you think everybody else is pretty much stone cold deaf too ...
He casually mentioned that he had been a cop down in Detroit back in the day, and then he pulled the biggest gun I had ever seen out of a shoulder holster, walked up to me in the chair, stuck the gun in my ear, and said:
If you ever pull a stunt like that again I'm going to splatter your brains all over the wall .. pardner.
Or did he???

2 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

i thought you said East Tiwan there for a sec n thought you had gone all fancy schmancy gettin' yerself an Asian hair stylist

Unknown said...

If you had Floyd the barber who's watching Mayberry??