Monday, December 19, 2005

One Golden Ring

I'm listening to Harry Belafonte sing Day-o aka The Banana Boat Song.
My sister, my oldest sister, for years and years and years wanted the Harry Belafonte Live at Carnegie Hall Record album for Xmas. I don't know if she ever got it.
I do remember that the year she got a record player for Xmas she got some Elvis Presley 45s, that was the Xmas that I cracked the lid of the record player that my sister got for Xmas when I sat on it. Hey, I was only like five years old, ok, maybe six years old, and it's not like I broke open a ball point pen and got ink all over the arm rest of the new couch. I mean, I didn't do that until I was at least seven.
Anyway, I found the ring that my parents gave me for Xmas about 15 years ago.
Want to see it???



It's a star sapphire, and yeah, it's stuck on my chubby little finger.
Cool how it refracts the light though, isn't it, and I suppose that is why it is called a star sapphire.

2 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

you could have it resized and wear it...

Boz said...

Good idea!