Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The wind blows free and so does he

Man, I doubt if I'll sleep at all tonight.
We've got a wind advisory and it must be gusting up to sixty miles an hour.
I've got enough problems trying to fall asleep, how am I supposed to .... ummmm, heh, nevermind.
Anyway, I've lost power three times tonight already, just for a split second, but still long enough to send every digital clock in the house into a 12:00 12:00 12:00 12:00 frenzy.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, huh, what, no, I wasn't asleep.
Ok, I'm not scared of the wind, oh no, it's nothing like that.
It's just that it, you know, it's just so noisy and stuff.
I'm soooooooooo tired.
Oh yeah, I heard gun fire about an hour and a half ago.
Geez!!!
This reminds me of the time that Scout and Tom took the shortcut back from school the night of the open house, remember how windy it was that night.
His name was Tom, wasn't it.
No, it wasn't Tom, I just checked, it was Jem.
Where did I get Tom???
It is sooooooooooo fucking windy.
Tree branches scrapping against the house and windows.
Ceiling tiles rising and falling.
Floor boards creaking.
Lights dimming.
Back to the gunshot, or rifle shot.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a rifle shot, because fire arm deer hunting season started yesterday, and it was probably some drunk hunter accidentally discharging his rifle. I mean, but still!!!
So anyway, yeah.
I think I'll turn on the tv and watch the farm reports, I've sort of lost track of the soybean futures the past couple ... DECADES.
But ha ...
I said ha ...
I can sleep all day today if I so desire.
So Mr. Wind go bite somebody else on the ass.

No comments: