Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Music makes the world go round, that and gravity, or the tides, or something

Songs playing on my Zune, right now, as I type, and listen, through headsets and everything.

1. I Might Like You Better If We Slept Together - Romeo Void-d-d-d-d-d, and it's true, I might.



Me, doing the Romeo Void.

2. Pale Blue Eyes - The Velvet Underground, and I have blue eyes, but I don't think they're pale, check the pic below and tell me what you think. Ok, sometimes my eyes are blue, and sometimes they are grey, and sometimes they're almost green, and sometimes they're a combination of all of the above, but just sometimes, and they could be pale blue after all.

See...



3. Windy - The Association, I used to have a major crush on a girl named Windy, wait, her name was Jill, and I wonder what made me think that?

4. Morning Girl - The Neon Philharmonic, some song from 1969 that I remember hearing on the way back from the airport when I was coming home on leave, and it was like six in the morning, and my dad was driving, and we picked up a hitchhiker who was in either the army or the navy and we gave him a ride all the way home.

5. Johnny Be Fair - Buffy Sainte-Marie, Buffy-Sainte Marie ... sighhhhhhhhhhhhh. I used to write poems about her when I was seventeen, but actually eighteen, but it doesn't sound so pathetic if I say seventeen, or does it?

6. Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan, that's an awfully long title, and there you go with that word BLUE again ... again!!! My dream when I was seventeen, or eighteen, or backwards to sixteen, was to have sex with all the woman that Bob Dylan turned down. This is a long song, so I'm just sitting and waiting till it ends so I can do the next song, in case you wondered or anything, a minute and a half to go. Hmmm, five of the six songs so far are from the 60's, but then again so am I, so I guess that makes sense. Ok, the song's starting to end now ... NOW!!!

7. No Regrets - The Walker Brothers, and this is a terrible version of a great song that was mostly sung by Tom Rush, no, not that Tom Rush, the other Tom Rush, yeah, THAT Tom Rush, and from now on if I type a word in all caps that means I'm adding EMPHASIS to it, either that or the caps lock is stuck.

Me, impatiently waiting for No Regrets to end



8. Words of Love - The Mamas and the Papas, and no, I didn't give her the ham sandwich ... did I say HAM SANDWICH???

Me, enjoying my HAM SANDWICH joke



9. Wear Your Love Like Heaven - Donovan, I spent too much time on the ham sandwich pic and now this song is over, so you don't have to listen to my Donovan stories.

10. 88 Lines About 44 Women - The Nails, if I had 88 lines about 44 women do you think I'd be here, of course not, I'd be in China, or France, or Spain, or some nameless VA hospital in one of the southern states that's not Florida.

Me, wishing I had 88 lines about 44 women

No comments: