Thursday, August 09, 2007

My sweat is a just sweat

So, I was walking today, and by the way, I walked five miles today, and I sweated a lot, and my heal started to hurt at about the three mile mark, but I'm a trooper and I kept going, but now I'm off subject, and what I wanted to say was when I was walking today I had an out of body experience.
It happened while the song Candy Girl by the Four Seasons was playing on my Zune, and from now on when I talk about my Zune I am going to refer to it as my mp3 player because I am sensing a lot of Zune envy, or maybe it is just Zune hate, out there.
Anyway I had an out of body experience while walking and Candy Girl started playing on my mp3 player, see I told you I was going to start calling it my mp3 player ...
And yeah, I had an out of body experience when Candy Girl started playing, it was like I left my body, you know, I was still walking physically, but mentally I was far away, far away in the lounge of a bowling alley in Paramus New Jersey, and I was singing the falsetto parts of Candy Girl, and the lounge was packed, and people were smiling, and people were swaying back and forth in time, and I was nailing it, nailing the falsetto parts, I was all OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANDY GIRL!!!
And the spotlight was on me, and it was a friendly spotlight, and I glistened, maybe not glistened, but I ruled the lounge of the bowling alley in Paramus New Jersey, and there was one person, a certain special person, a certain special person sitting at a ringside table in the lounge of the bowling alley in Paramus New Jersey, and that special person was Susie Minter, yes, the same Susie Minter who I had an unflailing crush on in 8th and 9th grade, the same Susie Minter who made me stutter when she even just glanced at me, the same Susie Minter ... is there even such a word as unflailing (???)but yeah, that Susie Minter, the one with blue eyes, the one with the blond hair, the one who always lef the top two buttons of her starched white blouse unbuttoned, and as far as 8th grade cleavage went she had it, and used it, and I'm getting a little sweaty just thinking about it, but I'm thinking about as a 13 or 14 year old boz would think of it, so that's ok, ok, maybe it's not ok, but it's at least no worse than a grey area ...
And anyway, THAT Susie Minter wrote something on a cocktail napkin and handed it to me when I did my dip after the second OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANDY GIRL!!!
And just as I was about to read her note, the note that THAT Susie Minter wrote, Candy Girl ended, and then The End by the Doors came on, and POOOOOF my out of body experience was replaced by false post Vietnam flashback syndrome.
The End ... beautiful friend ... The End

No comments: