Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lights, cameras, traction!!!

Remember that short story that I started but never intended to finish back in May of this year?
The one about the call to the 911 operator about two men fighting outside my bedroom window, well, not my bedroom window, but the guy in the short story's bedroom window.
Well, I also posted it as a journal entry on my buzznet account, and I just found out yesterday that one of my buzznet friends wants to make a short film about it. He's new at this, but he is serious, serious enough that he has asked a friend of his who is a graduate of the film school at USC for some help in the production, ok, it's not going to end up at Sundance, and it will probably be an internet thing, but still, you know, it's not a WOW!!!!
But I am kind of excited to see how it turns out.
Here is a test video that he shot.



And this is what he said about the project.
Boz Test
A few months back, Boz wrote the intro to a short story that involved a humorous 911 call. Iit's posted in his May journal, I think.)When I read it, I was struck at the great potential for a short film. I'm still in the planning stages, but I was to do a short test in the meanwhile. Eventually, I'd like to stage a fight and include the 911 operator because the dialog between the caller and operator are pretty great. I hope Boz doesn't mind!


Tra la.

No comments: