Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's fab, it's gear, it's mod ... it's the Beatles in A Hard Days Journey Into Night

A Hard Days Night is on tv later on tonight.
The first time I saw it was back in 1964 in Mt. Clemens Michigan, at either the Jewel or the Macomb.
I saw it with my parents.
It wasn't my idea to go see it, but I was thirteen years old, so I went.
It was on a double bill.
Most theaters showed two features back then.
A new release, and an older, or a b movie.
I'm not real sure what the other movie was.
It might have been West Side Story, or it might have been one of the Frankie and Annette Beach Party movies.
A Hard Days Night was in black and white.
It was hard to understand because the British accents were very thick.
I think John was the hardest to understand.
I thought Ringo was a chump.
Paul was very peppy.
George was my favorite because he played guitar, and was the quiet one with a sly sense of humor, and even though I didn't play guitar I wanted to, and I was quiet with a sly sense of humor too.
During the intermission between the movies they played the song Because by the Dave Clark Five over the sound system.
That's about all I remember about it.
I think my dad kind of liked it.
I'm not too sure about my mom though.

No comments: