Saturday, July 29, 2006

Forwarded emails

My sister sent me this email today.
I know, I hate those heart warming group email type things too, and I almost didn't read this one, because I thought it might be about another cancer patient that needed your prayers, or the soldier who lost both his arms in battle and needed a nose operated computer, or how homosexuals are taking over the world because the New York Times hates George Bush, or how the liberals want to pass a law that makes religion illegal, you know that kind of group email.

But I read it, and since I hurt quite a bit today, and because I'm a little buzzed by one too many pain pills, I've decided to post it.

Think before you speak...

Here are six reasons why you should think before you speak -
the last one is great!
Have you ever spoken and wished that you could
immediately take the words back...
or that you could crawl into a hole?
Here are the Testimonials of a few people who did....

FIRST TESTIMONY:

I walked into a hair salon with my husband and three kids in tow and asked loudly,
"How much do you charge for a shampoo and a blow job?"
I turned around and walked back out and never went back
My husband didn't say a word...
he knew better.

SECOND TESTIMONY:

I was at the golf store comparing different kinds of golf balls.

I was unhappy with the women's type I had been using.
After browsing for several minutes,
I was approached by one of the good-looking gentlemen
who works at the store. He asked if he could help me.
Without thinking, I looked at him and said,
"I think I like playing with men's balls."

THIRD TESTIMONY:

My sister and I were at the mall and passed by a store that sold a variety of candy and nuts.
As we were looking at the display case,
the boy behind the counter asked if we needed any help.
I replied, "No, I'm just looking at your nuts."
My sister started to laugh hysterically.
The boy grinned, and I turned beet-red and walked away.
To this day,
my sister has never let me forget.

FOURTH TESTIMONY:

While in line at the bank one afternoon,
my toddler decided to release
some pent-up energy and ran amok.
I was finally able to grab hold of
her after receiving looks of disgust
and annoyance from other patrons.
I told her that if she did not start behaving
"right now" she would be punished.
To my horror, she looked me in the eye and said in a
voice just as threatening,
"If you don't let me go right now,
I will tell Grandma that I saw you
kissing Daddy's pee-pee last night!"
The silence was deafening after this enlightening exchange.
Even the tellers stopped
what they were doing.
I mustered up the last of my dignity and
walked out of the bank with my daughter in tow.
The last thing I heard when
the door closed behind me,
were screams of laughter.

FIFTH TESTIMONY:

Have you ever asked your child a question too many times?

My three-year-old son had a lot of problems with potty training and I was on him constantly.
One day we stopped at Taco Bell for a quick lunch in between errands.
It was very busy, with a full dining room.
While enjoying my taco, I smelled something funny, so of course I checked my seven-month-old daughter, she was clean.
The realized that Danny had not asked to go potty in a while.
I asked him if he needed to go, and he said "No".
I kept thinking "Oh Lord, that child has had an accident, and I don't have any clothes with me."
Then I said, "Danny, are you SURE you didn't have an accident?"
"No," he replied.
I just KNEW that he must have had an accident, because the smell was getting worse.
Soooooo, I asked one more time, "Danny, did you have an accident?"
This time he jumped up, yanked down his pants, bent over, spread his cheeks and yelled
"SEE MOM, IT'S JUST FARTS!!"
While 30 people nearly choked to death on their tacos laughing,
he calmly pulled up his pants and sat down.
An old couple made me feel better, thanking me for the best laugh they'd ever had!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST TESTIMONY:

This had most of the state of Michigan laughing for 2 days and a very embarrassed female news anchor who will, in the future, likely think before she speaks.
What happens when you predict snow but don't get any!
We had a female news anchor that, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't,
turned to the weatherman and asked: "So BILL where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?"
Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too they were laughing so hard!

Now, didn't that feel good?
Pass it on to someone you know who needs a laugh
and remember
we all say things we don't really mean,
so think before you speak

Ok, it's stupid, but I'm stupid, and you're stupid, well, you're not stupid, but there are a lot of people who are stupid, and I think I need another stupid pain pill, and is it hot in here to you, and do you think it means anything when earlier today I turned my head and I felt a big cracking sound right where the disk was removed, and I think I'm going to go lay down and get ready to listen to the ballgame, and do you think it's too soon to take another pain pill considering I took when I started writing this post about twenty minutes ago?

And I don't for a second think that any of those six TESTIMONIES actually happened, but still, I think I should take another pain pill, what about you?

3 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

that was funny as hell Bozzi ;)


i just had to send my brother an email the other day asking him to ask his wife to take me off her MFing forward list AGAIN because I was getting all these emails that said FWD FWD FWD FWD TO 50 MILLION PEOPLE YOU KNOW THAT CARE ABOUT AMERICA!!!! and it was just political blah blah bashing one party or another so I LOST IT and sent him this long wordy email about how the email forwards were giving me severe pains in my sphinture area and how he needed to tell his wife that it needed to STOP CEASE AND NEVER START AGAIN LIKE EVER!!!

I ate crow casserole when Mom said 'It's not your sister in law who has been sending you those emails. I get them too and it's YOUR BROTHER!!'

Ok, it was funnier when it happened.

Boz said...

I like the 5th one the best.

hijacked frequencies said...

3 was my favorite.