Monday, July 31, 2006

Don't rain on my parade and tell me it's piss

Yeah, it's late, and my neck just made that cracking sound again, and it's hot and stuffy, but I could sleep with the bedroom door open and let the a/c blow in, but ehhhh, why bother, I've got two fans in here circulating the air around, and you know what is funny anyway ... even though it's hot I still sleep under two covers and a sheet, which is not as bad as a few years back when I was anemic and I slept with an electric blanket all year long, ok, the anemia was just a symptom of my hypo-thyroidism, but it was still anemia, and does everyone sleep under a sheet, I mean I don't think I could ever sleep without a sheet between the covers and me.

Last night was weird.
At two in the morning I put a couple of CDs on and sang along with both of them, out loud, all the way through, every song, some guys named Fred Neil and Leonard Cohen, and do any of you listen to music and pretend that you are the singer, and you are up on stage performing, and you're a big rock star, or pop star, or country star, or blues singer, or jazz (scuddley boot de boot) singer and the crowd is going wild, well, I don't, but I used to, yeah, I used to pretend that I was Tom Jones, and I'd start to sing What's New Pussycat, or Sex Bomb, and women would start throwing their panties up on stage, I mean, taking them off right there in the audience and flinging them at my feet, and if I'm going to be honest about it, but why should I start being honest now ... but if I were to start being honest, no one has ever thrown their panties at me unless they had just taken them out of the dryer and expected me to fold them, but since I'm not being honest just forget that last part, because after going back and re-reading what I just wrote it doesn't make any sense or add anything to the blah blah blah blah and the blahness of the thought I am trying to convey.

So, where was I?
Oh, yeah, that whole part about Tom Jones was a lie, I really pretended I was Jimmy Osmond, no, I mean, Bob Dyaln, no, I mean, Dr. Hunter Douglas ... Male Rock Star.
Yeah!!!

1 comment:

hijacked frequencies said...

i can nap without a sheet, but i can't truly sleep without a sheet and a blanket.

amazing aren't i?

ha.