Monday, May 01, 2006

Who are those guys?

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, since I've had the blues, about what the blues actually are.
I'm not really sad, or unhappy, or depressed.
No, like I said, I've been thinking, and I think the blues are mostly just feeling sorry for yourself.
Listen to any blues song and tell me you don't agree.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

I was watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid just a few minutes ago, and of course I was reminded of the first time I saw it back when I was 19 and going to Tech School in the Air Force down in Mississippi, and a couple of the guys asked me to go see it with them at one of the base theaters. I guess it was just a spur of the moment thing. It was always a spur of the moment thing where I was concerned back in Mississippi. If I were around it was, hey Boz let's go to the show, or go to town, or whatever. I was never included if it was planned, You know, if they planned to go to the show, or to town, or whatever ...
I guess what I am trying to say is I was always included if they couldn't get anyone else to go, or if plans fell through, you know a last second thing, a last resort.
It's always been that way with me, as a kid, as an adult, with friends, with family, with anyone.
I'm convenient!!!
Yeah, I'm convenient!!!
Damn, it's like a light bulb just went off in my head.
I'm convenient!!!
Convenient!!!
I still am.
Convenient.

3 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

i think you are so cool that if i were goin' to the independent film theater down the street (we dont have one but if we did) and i were going w/ a group of my hipster friends (none of my friends are hipsters but if they were) and if u lived down the street (which u dont but if u did) i'd be like 'You guys gotta meet the Boz!' and you'd always be invited to go and then dragged out to the mandatory after film coffee shop discussion of the early years of the directors life and how it influenced the plot.

yeah, i know i'm a bore.

i got 'brown bunny' btw and i'm excited to see what Vincent Gallo and his slightly big ego did w/ the film. Thanks for posting that you'd seen it, that's why i got it.

hijacked frequencies said...

oh, u should take some pics of yrself and do a study in 'Le Blue Boz'

Boz said...

I will, I really will.