Wednesday, May 10, 2006

No sky, no diamonds

There was a girl the same age as me named Lucy who grew up down the street from me.
There were a lot of girls and guys the same age as me who grew up down the street from me, we were right smack dab in the middle of the baby boom.
On my street there must have been at least twenty of us who graduated the same year from high school.
Anyway, back to Lucy. She was a tall girl, not unattractive, of Italian descent, who because of her height always seemed to be stooped over. I don't know if she was stooped over in an attempt to hide her height, or because if she didn't stoop over she couldn't hear what anyone was saying to her, and trust me, that is a real possibility, because it used to happen to me, the being tall and having to stoop over to hear people part.
Lucy and I were never friends growing up, she lived way down on the other end of the street and she was a girl and all. I think we had some classes together in grade school so we must have talked or at least spoke to each other, but that was it. By the time we reached junior high and then high school we had no classes together and no contact whatsoever.
Ok, now this is the strange part.
You know when you graduate from high school you paint all sorts of stuff all over your car and drive around honking the horn? Well, ok, I didn't do it, because I was way too tragically hip, but 98.9% of the rest of the graduating class did.
So yeah, Lucy did it too. You know the usual things ...
Sixty-eight is great
Free at last
Look out world
and
KVC
K-V-C???
KVC were my initials!
I mean KVC???
Is there anything else that could be an abbreviation for???
Ok, maybe Kill the Viet Cong, but ???
Did I miss something here?
Or am I reading too much into something again???
Or Maybe I misread it and it was KFC and she just liked chicken?
Who knows.
Who cares.
Well, I must care, because this has been bothering me for 38 years. So if any of you know a tall Italian woman who is kind of stooped over would you go ask her WTF for me?

3 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

Kill Viet Cong....hahaha...i have a pic of something i bought at the tokoyo store down the street that i gotta send you, speaking of Viet Cong.

yr gonna love it and go WTF???????????

Boz said...

Send it, and I'll send you some songs by the Dillards!

hijacked frequencies said...

whhheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :)