Saturday, April 28, 2007

Will I remember this in the morning?

I hear noises outside my bedroom window.
Outside human noises.
Outside people talking noises.
Outside car door noises.
The car just pulled away.
No more outside noises.
The outside noises must have come from across the street.
Noise travels late at night when it's quiet, and late, and dark, and quiet, and late and dark, and quiet, and late, and dark.
No more noises outside my bedroom window.
No more outside human noises.
No more outside car door noises.
The only noises are inside noises.
My computer is making noises.
My stomach is making noises.
My house is making creaky freaky deaky noises.
My imagination is making look out there's something with a big knife standing right behind you noises.
I think I should go to bed with a big gun tonight just in case, and maybe a flash light too, and some brass knuckles, and a bigger knife than the something standing behind me has, and some HAM, and some plastic explosives, and a copy of The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and one of those personal alarm things, that goes whooooooooooooooooop, whooooooooooooooooooooooooop, whoooooooooooooooooooooop when you're in danger, and a duck, and ...
My stomach is still making noises, you know those gurgly type noises that sometimes sounds like your stomach is actually speaking, and I wonder what my stomach would say to me if it could actually speak.

No comments: