Saturday, March 01, 2008

He's a well respected man about town doing the best things so conservatively.

It's the glasses, and the socks, and the pink skin, and the freckles, and the wispy hair, and the fact that she looks like the kind of girl who would have gone out with me in high school if I'd had the nerve to ask her out, and if I had asked her out we would have probably gone to see Bonnie and Clyde at the Mall, or maybe we would have tried to fake our way into the Jewel in Mount Clemens to see Blow-Up, and she'd tell me how she'd already been accepted to both U of M, and Wayne State, and wasn't sure where she wanted to go, but she was leaning towards Wayne State because she liked the urban environment, and I'd only sort of half way be paying attention because my underpants were riding up, and I was trying to scooch them back into place without appearing obvious, and that song by the Kinks would come on the radio, and I'd turn the sound up just a little, and she'd flash an awkward smile, and I'd try not to stare at her legs, because I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, sigh ...

No comments: