Monday, June 18, 2007

When I was thirteen

When I was thirteen a family of dwarfs moved in next door to us. I think they were circus folk.

When I was thirteen I fell out of a tree and broke my left ankle in three places and was on crutches all summer and the first two months of the next school year.

When I was thirteen years old my best friend got a job working at an ice cream stand. He promised that he would try to get me a job but he was fired for handing out free cones to girls that would show him their underpants.

When I was thirteen years old I sent away for a ventriloquist's dummy that was advertised for $3.99 but when my package arrived there was a letter from the company saying that they no longer carried the $3.99 ventriloquist's dummy so they sent me a pair of x-ray specs, a whoopee cushion, a fly in an ice cube, and a bar of soap that turned your hands black as a replacement.

No comments: